What is Chemical Peeling?
Chemical peeling is a procedure used to rejuvenate photo aged or acne skin. It is helpful for the following skin conditions:
1. Superficial acne scars, blackheads and white heads.
2. Superficial fine wrinkles
3. Superficial skin pigmentations like solar lentigenes, freckles and melasma
After the peel, the outer superficial layer of skin is removed; the skin is brighten and rejuvenated.
How is chemical Peeling done?
It is a very simple procedure which takes about 20 to 30 minutes. The skin is thoroughly cleansed first before the application of the solution acid. You will feel a hot and stinging sensation for about 5 to 10 minutes. Once the stinging sensation has worn off, your skin may feel a little tight. Within the next 5 to 7 days, you skin will starts to peel off.
Who can have Chemical Peel?
Almost everyone regardless of age can benefit from chemical peeling. It is very safe and generally no down time. Those who have acne scars and uneven pigmentation will see improvement after a few sessions. Basically, the outer layers of dead skin cells exfoliate and are replaced by younger, tighter, smoother, glowing and radiant looking skin. The overall result will be seen after 7 days.
After the procedure, some of the post advices:
1. Use of gentle skin cleanser and moisturizer. Avoid the use of soap.
2. Apply post peel cream as instructed.
3. Allow the skin to peel off naturally. Do not scratch and peel off the scabs.
4. Avoid the sun immediately after the procedure. Apply sunscreen every day.
5. It is strongly recommended to prevent further photo damage and new skin is more susceptible to sun damage.
7. It is recommended to avoid your usual cosmetic creams for first few days after the procedure.
Any Complications ?
Side effects are very mild. Some people may experience a little redness or mild breakouts during the first few days. Some of the effects are:
1. Pigmentary changes especially deep peels and more common in darker skin colour.
2. Low risk of scarring in deep peels.
4. Allergic contact dermatitis
Can Chemical Peeling remove deep scars and deep pigmentation?
Chemical peeling cannot remove deep scars, deep wrinkles and deep pigmentation. Laser surgery, botox or fillers may be required.
Your doctor will assess your skin and decide which type of chemical solutions to be used for the procedure.
At Etern Medical, our doctors use the following types of Peels for our patients.
What is Miami Peel?
The Miami Peel® is safe and proven light to medium depth, professionally applied peels that are ideal for all those who want to achieve a more youthful and even skin tone.
The patented and proven Miami Peel Original Formula has gained worldwide renown because of its ability to effectively target multiple conditions simultaneously.
What are the benefits?
- Provides anti-aging benefits and improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Improves skin tone, texture and the appearance of photoaging and sun damage.
- Very effective for improving the appearance of hyperpigmentation, melasma or post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation associated with acne lesions.
Below are the effective ingredients:
Alpha-hydroxy Acids (Lactic & Citric Acid)
- Exfoliate and increase desquamation, making the skin more flexible and compact, providing a luminous and glowing appearance.
- Stimulate the synthesis of collagen, elastin and glycosaminoglycans, essential substances that diminish as we age.
- Effectively exfoliates and removes dead skin cells.
- Helps stimulate the renewal of the skin, diminishes the appearance of pores and helps lighten and even the skin tone.
- Improves the penetration and optimizes the benefits of the skin lightening agents in the peel.
- Skin Lightening agents (Kojic Acid & Hydroquinone)
- Effectively target hyperpigmentation by inhibiting tyrosinase activity
PCA SKIN is a leading clinical skin care company in the development of professional chemical peels and advanced topical for many years. Dedicated to the science of healthy skin, PCA products is spreads around more than 70 countries worldwide.
What is PCA Peel?
A PCA Peel is a combination of lactic, salycytic and kojic acids that exfoliates; bleaches and inhibits pigment production. This peel os recommended for those with uneven pigmentation due to acne and sun-damaged skin.
PCA Skin makes a type of chemical peel called a TCA, or trichloroacetic acid. TCA peels are commonly used for medium-depth peels. It can remove fine wrinkles and surface-area blemishes and imperfections.
What are the benefits?
A regular program of light peels will help accelerate the effectiveness of your products by opening up the skin and helping it absorb the ingredients in your skin care regimen.
These advanced solutions combine exfoliating acids, pigment inhibitors and skin strengthening agents to provide maximum benefits, minimal discomfort and no downtime. The Peels has a lot of benefits that are as follows:
- Helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Improve the appearance of mild scarring
- Treats acne
- Reduces or eliminates age spots and freckles
- Improves the look and feel of your skill
- Gives your skin a youthful and healthy glow
What are the ingredients?
The peels are made from ingredients including lactic acid, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), trichloroacetic acid, kojic acid and azelaic acid.
PCA Home Based Skin Care Set
Our clinic carries the following range of PCA Home Care products. All the products are gentle and do not carry harsh chemicals like synthetic colours or alcohol on skin. These products will help to improve your skin health and provide the glowing radiant complexion you desire.